D3dx9_27.dll is a process that is associated with Microsoft DirectX. It is one of the key files that make up DirectX.
Since, DirectX is used by Windows based games, you may experience the d3dx9_27.dll error with the following games:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard
- Microsoft Age of Empires III
- Microsoft Age of Empires III : The WarChiefs
- Fable: The Lost Chapters PC
- Microsoft Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: African Adventure
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Dino Danger
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Endangered Species
- Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2: Marine Mania
At the start of any of the above-mentioned games, you may receive the following error message:
“The file d3dx9_27.dll was not found”
This error message occurs when the d3dx9_27.dll file is not copied correctly or is corrupt.
You can resolve this problem by downloading and then installing the latest version of DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft Download Web site.
However, at times you may receive the following error message during installation:
“The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with this version of Windows. (Tell me why this testing is important.)”
Steps to Manually Copy the d3dx9_27.dll File
If you encounter the error message given above during installation, you will need to manually copy the d3dx9_27.dll file from the disc 1 CD of the game CD pack to its corresponding game folder.
Illustrated below are step-by-step instructions to manually copy the d3dx9_27.dll file on a Windows XP PC.
- Insert the disc 1 CD for any of the above listed Microsoft games into your CD/DVD drive.
- Go to Start, select All Programs, point to Accessories and then select Windows Explorer. This will open the Windows Explorer window on your PC.
- Locate the cd-drive:\DirectX9 folder in Windows Explorer and then click to open it
Note: Here, cd-drive mentioned represents the letter of your CD or DVD drive.
- Now, double-click Apr2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab file.
- Select and copy the d3dx9_27.dll file.
Note:In case you are using an x64-based version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, you will need to select Apr2005_d3dx9_27_x64.cab file.
- Locate the folders in which you installed your games. For instance, if you have Age of Empire III, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2 and Microsoft Rise of Nations installed on your computer, you will need to locate the game folder of each game as described below:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable – The Lost Chapters
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise of Legends
Note: Here, we assume that your games are installed in the C drive.
- Finally, right-click the game folder and then select Paste.
Note: In case you have installed more than one game on your computer, you will need to repeat the steps 5 and 6 for other games as well.
Many computer errors may occur if your computer is infected with malware infections or the registry of your computer is damaged or corrupt. To resolve and prevent these issues, you may use a few good and efficient tools. For instance, antimalware tools such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease will help you combat malware infections. On the other hand using an advanced registry tool, such as RegServe will help you easily maintain a healthy, error free and high speed registry.