The dao350.dll file is associated with Microsoft Jet from the Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Jet is a database engine used by several Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Access and various other Visual Basic products.
You may encounter the following error when you try to install a Visual Basic 6.0 product on your computer:
“dao350.dll was unable to register itself in the system”
Note: The above error appears when you begin “updating the system” as a part of the installation process.
Cause of the Error
The above error occurs when the dependency files of the dao350.dll file are corrupt or are of incorrect versions.
To fix this issue, perform the following steps:
- Double-click on My Computer icon.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared Folder\DAO and locate the dao350.dll file.
- Next, right-click on the dao350.dll file, select Rename and rename the file to dao350.old.
- Locate the dao350.dll on the Visual Basic 6.0 CD, right-click on it and select Copy.
Note: In the Visual Basic 6.0 CD, the dao350.dll file is stored in the \os\system folder
- Next, in the My Computer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO and right-click on an empty space and select Paste.
- Next, click Start and then select Run.
- In the Open box, paste the following command:
regsvr32 “c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao350.dll”
This will register the new dao35.dll file on the computer.
- Next, install Microsoft Data Access Components version 2.5 or later on your computer.
After successfully completing steps 7 and 8, install Visual Basic 6.0 product on your computer.
Note: In case after completing step 7 and 8, you are still not able to install Visual Basic 6.0 product, we recommend you contact Microsoft Developer Support for further help.
Can the dao350.dll error be due to malware infection?
Yes, it can. Malware programs, such as viruses, worms, and trojans often modify DLLs, such as the dao350.dll. If the dao350.dll file is infected, you may receive a “dao350 not found” or “dao350 file missing” error, every time a program attempts to access this file. To prevent malware from causing dao350 errors, install reliable antimalware tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease on your PC.
Besides malware, another major cause of recurring DLL errors is registry issues. Reference points related to DLLs, such as dao350.dll are stored in the registry. The registry entry of the dao350.dll is referred to every time the DLL is accessed. You may experience dao350.dll errors if this registry entry becomes corrupt or is deleted.
This is why it is important that you perform regular registry scans, using advanced registry cleaning software, such as RegServe to ensure only correct and necessary information is stored in the registry. RegServe is a simple, yet powerful tool that allows you to perform custom scans to identify and fix only DLL errors.