The Mfc71.dll module comprises the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) functions related to Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and software applications created using the programming application. Some of the popular programs that need to use this file are Adobe Photoshop and Quicken.
You may come across the following Mfc71.dll error messages on your computer:
“Mfc71.dll Not Found”
“Unable to locate component mfc71.dll”
“This application failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“BCMWLTRY.EXE – This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found.”
Causes of the Mfc71.dll Error
Mfc71.dll errors may occur when the DLL file goes missing due to one of the following reasons:
- The file is deleted or moved due to user error.
- A poor installation or incorrect program removal process causes problems with the file.
Follow the sequence listed below to resolve this error.
- Restart your PC. Quite often, the mfx71.dll error is a temporary issue. If you are lucky, a simple PC restart will fix the problem.
- Reinstall the software that generated the error. If the missing mfc71.dll error occurred when you were trying to use a particular software or game, it is possible that there are problems with this particular application. In this case, it is best that you first uninstall and then reinstall the application to resolve the issue. Restart the PC after removing the software and before reinstallation. It is also a good practice to use a registry tool, such as RegServe, to scan and clean your registry to ensure no orphaned entry of the uninstalled program is left behind.
- Update the software. Outdated software files can also cause several DLL and EXE errors. So, after you have installed the software, visit the manufacturer web site to look for any available updates. If you find any, download and install them on your computer.
- Update Windows. Use Windows Update or go to the Windows Update Web site to see if any essential updates are required on your computer. If required, download and install these updates.
- Check your PC for virus and spyware infections. Update your antivirus and antispyware tools and then perform a thorough scan of your computer to detect and remove any infections. Run the scan at least twice to ensure that your PC is clean.
- Update Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003. Just in case you use Visual Studio, download and install its latest updates too.
- Update or upgrade your Internet Explorer. Mfc71.dll is also used by the Internet Explorer Web browser. Upgrading to the latest version of the Web browser can be one of the easy and handy solutions to resolve the mfc71.dll not found error message.
- Reinstall drivers for Broadcom wireless network adaptor. If the mfc71.dll error is about the bcmwltry.exe file, then you may resolve it by updating the drivers for Broadcom wireless network adaptor. You may also use a good driver scanner tool, such as Driver Finder, to automatically search for the most compatible and appropriate version of the driver update and install it on your computer.
You must avoid downloading the mfc71.dll file from online DLL directories as you may find yourself experiencing more problems than before. If you have to do so, it is best that you obtain the copy of the file from another computer with a configuration the same as your PC or from some other legitimate source.