Framedyn.dll file belongs to the Windows WMI program and is used to implement various provider helper classes on a Windows computer. You should not disable this process, as it is required for essential applications to work properly.
You may receive framedyn.dll error if either of the following conditions hold true:
- The %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem\framedyn.dll file is either missing or corrupt.
- The Windows Path environment variable is pointing to a location other than %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem folder.
Note: %SYSTEMROOT% is a variable that refers to the directory where Windows is installed.
Framedyn.dll error generally occurs when one tries to access the System Properties dialog box either through the Control panel or by right-clicking the My Computer icon on the desktop. The following error message is displayed when the error occurs:
“rundll32.exe – Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
How to Fix Framedyn.dll Error
You need to perform the following two tasks to fix the framedyn.dll error:
- Replace the framedyn.dll file
- Verify the system variable settings
The steps listed below guide you on how to replace the framedyn.dll file:
- Go to Start menu and then click Run.
- In the Open dialog box type C:\system32\dllcache and press OK button to open the dllcache folder.
- In the dllcache folder locate and right-click the framedyn.dll file.
- Select Copy.
- Go to Start menu again, click Run, type C:\system32\wbem and click OK.
- Right-click on wbem folder and select Paste. If a message pops up on your screen, asking whether you wish to replace the existing file or not, select Yes.
The steps listed below guide you on how to verify the system variable settings:
- Go to Control Panel window, choose the Performance and Maintenance link and then select the System link. If you encounter a framedyn.dll error message at this step, press OK.
- In the System Properties dialog box that opens, click the Advanced tab and then choose the Environment Variables button. This will open the Environment Variable dialog box.
- Now, choose the variable Path listed in the System Variables section and click the Edit button. This will open the Environment Variable dialog box.
- Enter C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem in the Variable value box and click the OK button.
Framedyn.dll errors may hinder your work and cause substantial damage to your system. It is imperative that you perform regular system maintenance jobs to keep your PC in sound condition and prevent such errors from occurring. One should take care while installing or uninstalling programs and ensure that shared DLL files are not deleted or overwritten when performing these two activities. Also, as entries related to DLL files are stored in registry, it is necessary to maintain a healthy and compact registry. You can use the help of a registry cleaning tool, such as PCHealthBoost to ensure that your system registry remains free from unwanted and obsolete entries.
Further, always keep your operating system and software programs installed on it updated with the latest hotfixes, service packs and patches to prevent errors that occur due to outdated and incompatible files. Last but not least, install and regularly scan your PC using a robust antivirus tool, such as STOPzilla Antivirus to prevent malware programs from entering into your system.