Olmapi32.dll is a MAPI32.DLL that belongs to MAPI32 from the Microsoft Corporation.
Many users have experienced an olmapi32.dll related error after installing the latest Microsoft update. This has mostly affected Beta users of Office 2007 who can no longer access Outlook. The error message simply shows up as a box with the olmapi32.dll listed and an OK button. Users say that the error message shows up whenever they try opening Microsoft Outlook 2007.
How to Remove Olmapi32.dll Error
There are several workarounds suggested for this particular problem. Select the one which is appropriate for you.
- Boot in Safe Mode.
- Search for MSMAPI32.dll.
- Rename MSMAPI32.dll to MSMAPI32.old.
- Install Outlook 2003.
- This will automatically repair and detect MAPI32.dll.
- Go to Start and then go to Control Panel.
- In Add/Remove Programs, remove fix KB923095.
- Remove Beta 2 from the system.
- Install the original Beta 2.
- Install Office 2007 B2TR.
- Go to Start and then to Control Panel.
- In Add/Remove Programs, click on Office 2007 and then hit the Change button.
- Click the Add/Remove button.
- On the next screen, make sure that you click on the very top option and select Run All on My Computer.
- Once the installation process finishes, you will have a working copy of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
- Click Start and then go to All Programs.
- Locate Windows Install Clean Up.
- Find all Office 2007 related entries and remove them.
- Reinstall Office 2007.
Proceed to the following steps if reinstallation still fails.
- Log in to your computer as Administrator.
- Go to Start and click on Run.
- Type in
msiexec.exe /unregister. Take note of the space between msiexec.exe and /unregister.
- Press OK.
- Open My Computer and click on Tools.
- Go to Folder Options and then click on the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck Hide protected operating system files and Hidden extensions for known file types.
- Click on OK.
- Rename the following files in
- msi.dll to msi.old
- msiexec.exe to msiexec.old
- msihnd.dll to msihnd.old
- If you do not have these files, skip this step.
- Download and install the latest version of the Windows Installer.
- Reinstall Office 2007.
This will require editing the registry so be sure to create a backup. Changes to the registry are permanent unless a backup is used to revert to the original registry settings.
- Close Outlook 2007.
- Click on Start and go to Run.
- Type regedit and press OK.
- Create a backup of your registry.
- From the menu, select Edit.
- Click on Find.
- Type in olmapi32 and click Find Next.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Components\613B99D5CFD 7FCB4793B500086BB4113. The last string of numbers may be different but this is the entry you should be looking for.
- If other search results come back, press F3 until you get the entry mentioned above.
- In the right hand pane, locate olmapi32.dll.
- Delete olmapi32.dll.
- Confirm deletion.
- Exit the registry editor.
- Launch Outlook 2007.
Always keep your registry in tiptop condition by using a registry cleaner to avoid registry bloat, detect and repair errors and to prevent the occurrence of errors in the future.