The mfc80u.dll file is part of MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) library. This file belongs to Microsoft and is used by various Microsoft applications, such as Visual C++, Microsoft C/C++, Visual C++.Net etc.
The mfc80u.dll file is generally located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\Bin.
Most mfc80u.dll errors occur while you are installing or using a program or during system startup or shutdown. Some of the common mfc80u.dll error messages that you may encounter are listed below:
“Mfc80u.dll Not Found.”
“This program failed to load because mfc80u.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“The mfc80u.dll file is missing.”
Mfc80u.dll errors occur due to removal or corruption of the mfc80u.dll file. Virus infections, registry problems and hardware failure may also cause mfc80u.dll error messages to appear on your screen.
Discussed below are a few pointers that you can perform to repair and prevent mfc80u.dll errors on your system:
- If the DLL error surfaces soon after you have installed a new application, it is possible that the error is due to problems in the installation. To correct the error, first uninstall the application and then reinstall it. However, before you proceed with the reinstallation, ensure that the installation setup files are not damaged. In case you are installing from a disk, make sure that the disk is in good condition and is devoid of any scratches or other physical damage.
- It is important that you keep your system up-to-date with the latest service packs, patches, security releases and hotfixes that are released by the manufactures of your operating system, software applications and device drivers. Often DLL errors occur due to invalid and outdated files. Keeping your system regularly updated will significantly reduce the errors occurring on your PC.
- Take extra care while installing or uninstalling applications on your PC. When you are performing a new installation, ensure that you do not overwrite a shared DLL file, unless you are sure that no other program is using this DLL file. Similarly, while uninstalling a program take care not to delete any DLL file that might be used by some other application on your system.
- Ensure that your system is free of any malware infection. Malicious programs, such as virus, worms, Trojans, spyware, and adware are often the cause behind errors related to DLL files. That is the reason why, you should install a robust antivirus suite on your PC and run regular complete system scans. Further, keep your antivirus and antispyware tools updated with the latest virus definitions and security updates.
- Maintain a healthy and error-free registry. This is essential because all DLL files need to be registered within the registry in order to function. You may experience the mfc80u.dll error if the entries related to this file in the registry are corrupt or invalid. You can easily carry out registry maintenance activities using a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as PCHealthBoost. This tool performs a deep scan of the registry and enables you to remove all invalid and obsolete entries in just a few mouse clicks.