What is Msvcrtd.dll?
Msvcrtd.dll is a Microsoft C++ Runtime Library (Debug) file comprising code required to execute programs that are written using Microsoft Visual C ++. This file is mainly used by programmers to provide debug information while building new software or while repairing existing software.
The list below contains the name of the Microsoft C++ Runtime library files that are related to the Msvcrtd.dll file:
You may encounter msvcrtd.dll error messages similar to the one mentioned below:
“Error starting program. A required .DLL file msvcrtd.dll was not found.”
The above error generally occurs when the msvcrtd.dll file is removed from the system.
The steps below will guide you on how to repair the msvcrdt.dll error.
- Reinstallation of the application that is causing the error – If you are experiencing the error when you try to run a particular application, then first uninstall and then reinstall the application to correct the problem. Reinstalling the program will add the msvcrtd.dll and any other missing file on your system.Note: For the solution to be effective, it is essential that you completely uninstall the software before reinstalling. An easy way to ensure complete removal of applications is by using a robust program removal tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller.
- Reinstall any recently uninstalled program – In case you are receiving the msvcrtd.dll error after uninstalling a program, then it is likely that the msvcrtd.dll file got removed during the uninstallation process. You will need to reinstall the program in order to restore the msvcrtd.dll file. If you wish, you can always uninstall the program again, however, take care that no shared DLL files are deleted during the process.
- Use System Restore utility to undo any recent changes – If you suspect that you are receiving the error after you’ve made changes to any core Windows file or registry, then you can use the System Restore feature that is present on XP and Vista PCs to roll back the system to a time before the error occurred.
- Download and reinstall the missing msvcrtd.dll file – You may download the missing file from the Internet and reinstall it on your system to fix the missing msvcrtd.dll error. Alternately, you can also copy the missing DLL file from another computer that has a similar configuration to your PC. It is necessary that you copy the msvcrtd.dll file to its actual location on the disk. Copying the file to some other location may cause other errors to appear on your system. Also, keep in mind that if you are copying the file from another computer, you may need to register the DLL file in the registry. You can do this by using the regsvr32 command.
- Maintain a healthy and clean registry – DLL errors may also surface if their related entries in the registry are corrupt or damaged. It is imperative that you regularly scan the registry, using a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe to weed out corrupt, invalid or obsolete entries from your system registry. Additionally, to prevent DLL errors from occurring due to malware infections, install a robust antivirus suite on your system. Further, always keep your protection tools up-do-date with the latest virus definitions and security releases.