The msjava.dll file is associated with the Microsoft JVM program. In this article we will discuss a few instances of msjava.dll errors and their solutions.
When you try to install Internet Explorer 5.0, you may receive an error message, similar to the ones displayed below:
"IE5WZD caused an exception C0010000H in module MSJAVA.DLL"
"Ie5wzd caused an invalid page fault in module Msjava.dll at <memory address>"
Cause of the Error
The above problem occurs when the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine is damaged.
To resolve the error, perform the following steps:
- Restart your Windows computer in MS-DOS mode.
- At command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command.
ren msjava.dll msjava.old
- Run the Internet Explorer 5.0 set up again.
If the error persists, you may contact Microsoft for further support to troubleshoot the issue.
On a Windows XP computer, when you try to connect to a web site, using Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer with Service Pack 1 – the Internet Explorer opens with a blank page.
Cause of the Error
The above issue occurs if some DLLs failed to register during system update.
To resolve the issue, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- Type the following commands in the Open box and press Enter after each command to register the DLLs.
- regsvr32 urlmon.dll
- regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32 msjava.dll
- regsvr32 browseui.dll
- regsvr32 shadocvw.dll
- regsvr32 mshtml.dll
- regsvr32 msxml.dll
- regsvr32 scrrun.dll
When you run Microsoft Office Setup, you may receive an error message, similar to the error messages displayed below:
“Ie5wzd caused an exception in module Kernel32.dll”
“Ie5wzd caused an exception in module Msjava.dll”
The above error is associated with the following Microsoft Office 2000 products:
Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition products including, Publisher, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 Express Edition
- Microsoft Greetings 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Vizact 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
Cause of the Error
The above error occurs when either Netzip is installed on your system or the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (VM) is damaged.
To fix the Msjava.dll error in this case, obtain the full package Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR -1a) product.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products listed above and was rectified in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Other common causes of msjava.dll errors include – malware infection and a corrupt registry. Make your life simpler and avoid DLL errors and other errors that occur due to malware infection and registry issues. Install robust protective tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease to safeguard your computer against malware infection.
Choosing the right protective software enables you to efficiently protect your PC from malware programs and avoid various errors that may occur due to malware infection. Further, ensure that your registry is clean and healthy by conducting regular registry scans using reliable registry cleaning software, such as RegServe. A healthy registry is essential for smooth and error-free functioning of your Windows computer.
I’m missing msjava.dll – what should I do?
Msjava.dll is associated with Microsoft Java Virtual Machine program. As Microsoft no longer supplies or distributes updates for its JVM program, you may download Sun’s latest JVM for Windows.