Purpose of Msvcp60.dll
The msvcp60.dll file is required for proper functioning of programs written in Microsoft Visual C++.
How to repair msvcp60.dll errors
Error Type 1: Missing DLL Errors
The most common type of msvcp60.dll errors that users encounter is missing or not found errors. The following are some of the common errors related to this DLL file:
- “The file msvcp60.dll is not found”
- “Msvcp60.dll file is missing”
Error messages such as these imply that the msvcp60.dll is missing from your system.
The missing msvcp60.dll errors may occur when:
- The file gets deleted by user error.
- The file is incorrectly removed during uninstallation of a program.
- The file is not installed on your computer in the first place.
Missing DLL errors are easy to fix. Simply perform the following tasks to fix these errors:
- If you have recently installed or uninstalled a software undo it. This will reverse any changes done by the process and thus fix the error.
- If the error appears when you attempt to use a particular application, chances are that the files of this application are corrupt. Uninstall this application using the Add or Remove Program utility or a reliable third-party uninstaller, such as Perfect Uninstaller and then reinstall it to replace bad files with healthy versions.
- If nothing works, download the missing msvcp60.dLL from a reliable free DLL download website and save it in your Windows folder. Default location of the DLL file on different Windows operating systems are:
- For XP and Vista, default window folder is C:\Windows\System32\
- For Windows NT and Windows 2000, it is C:\WINNT\System32\
- For Windows 9x and Windows ME, it is C:\Windows\System\
Error Type 2: Outdated Software
You may receive the following error message while using different versions of Microsoft AutoRoot, Microsoft MapPoint, or Microsoft Streets & Trips:
The MSVCP60.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL
The error usually appears during application startup. The error is generally caused when either Libraries Update is not installed on your PC or when after installing any of the above programs, you try to open it without restarting your PC.
This is why, when this error appears, first restart your computer and check if the error still appears. If yes, you need to download and install Libraries Update. You can download and install Libraries Update from the Microsoft website.
Error Type 3: Overwriting of the DLL File
You may encounter the following error when you try to access the AutoCAD software:
Error starting program, msvcp60.dll is linked to missing export msvcrt.dll:_lc_collate_cp. Device attached to system is not functioning.
This error occurs due to the replacement of a current version of the msvcp60.dll file by an older version. This happens when you install an older version of a program that uses the msvcp60.dll file. To repair the error, uninstall the AutoCAD and reinstall it again.
In addition to the above-mentioned reasons, malware infection is another major cause of msvcp60.dll errors. Malware, such as virus, worm, and spyware, corrupt DLL files by injecting incorrect codes or altering the existing codes embedded in the DLL files. If you experience continuous issues with your DLLs, such as msvcp60.dll, we recommend you run a virus and spyware scan of your entire system, using a reliable antivirus tool, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and an antispyware tool, such as Spyware Cease.
Apart from malware, registry issues also cause recurring DLL errors. We recommend you regularly scan your registry with an advanced registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe to flush out the invalid and corrupt entries.