What is acroiehelpershim.dll?
The acroiehelpershim.dll module is a Browser Helper Object and is installed on your system along with Adobe Acrobat Reader. The main function of the acroiehelpershim.dll is to allow users to view PDF files directly in the Web Browser.
Should I remove the acroiehelpershim.dll?
No, we recommend that you not remove this file. If you remove acroiehelpershim.dll, your web browser may not be able to correctly display PDF files.
By default, the file acroiehelpershim.dll is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\ folder. You may also find this file in the following other locations:
- C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- D:\Programmi\File comuni\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- D:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- C:\Programmi\File comuni\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- C:\Programmer\F?lles filer\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- C:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
- E:\Program\Delade filer\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\
The size of the acroiehelpershim.dll file is 75,128 bytes.
Most of the acroiehelpershim.dll errors are caused due to missing or corrupt DLL files. Examples of common acroiehelpershim.dll errors that you may encounter are listed below:
- ?The acroiehelpershim.dll file is missing?
- ?acroiehelpershim.dll file not found?
Steps to fix acroiehelpershim.dll Errors:
- When you receive a missing or not found acroiehelpershim.dll error, the first thing you should do is check to see if the file was deleted by mistake.
Go through the contents of your Recycle Bin and if you find the acroiehelpershim.dll file there, promptly restore it to fix the error.
- If you believe that you did not remove the file and it is missing due to some other reason, we recommend you uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader and install it again.
When you reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader the acroiehelpershim.dll file will be automatically restored to your PC.
- If the error still persists after you have reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader then the error could be due to a corrupt acroiehelpershim.dll.
Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system using a reliable antivirus tool, such an STOPzilla Antivirus and an antispyware tool, such as Spyware Cease. If the scan results show acroiehelpershim.dll is infected, delete or quarantine the file using your protective tool and install a new copy of this DLL on your system.
You may download the acroiehelpershim.dll from a free but reliable DLL Download website. Remember to save the file in its original location to prevent any future complications.
Is acroiehelpershim.dll an adware or spyware?
The true acroiehelpershim.dll is a safe file that belongs to Adobe Acrobat Reader. As this file is a Browser Helper Object and is able to monitor your Web Browser, malware programs, such as adware or spyware may plant a rogue acroiehelpershim.dll to monitor your internet-related activities.
Adware or spyware programs tend to target Internet Browsing Helper Objects to obtain information, such as the websites you frequently visit or keywords you use for searching on the web and then use this information to display pop-up advertisements or adware on your system. These malware programs may also monitor your internet activities to steal your personal information, such as email passwords, online banking details, and credit card details.
To ensure that the acroiehelpershim.dll file present on your PC is not infected, use the Search command in the Start menu to determine the location of this file. If the acroiehelpershim.dll file is stored in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System 32 folder, chances are that your computer is infected. Use your security software to get rid of the malicious file.
STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease are two extremely popular security tools that provide robust protection to your PC. You must ensure that these tools are updated with the latest malware definitions on a regular basis. This helps in protecting your computer against the latest threats.
Along with security tools, you may also use a registry cleanup tool, such as RegServe to thoroughly clean the registry and get rid of any malicious entries from it.