Wbemupgd.dll is a WMI Setup Upgrade DLL from Microsoft Corporation.
Using Add/Remove Programs on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer produces this error message:
Setup Library wbemupgd.dll could not be loaded, or function OcEntry could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.
This error occurs because of a change in the path system variable.
The issue and the fixes suggested here may apply to Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86) and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition.
There are two suggested solutions. Use the one that is appropriate for you.
- Go to Start.
- Right click on My Computer.
- Click on Properties.
- Under the System Variables list, click Path.
- Click Edit.
- Delete the following paths:%SystemRoot%\system32
- Type in drive:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem in the Variable value box. This will replace the paths that you deleted in the previous step.
- Click OK three times.
Note that in :\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem, drive is the drive where Windows is installed. Windows is the folder in which Windows is installed.
- Click on Start.
- Go to Run.
- Type in regedit.
- Press OK.
- A box will come up. This is your registry editor.
- Navigate to
- Click on this subkey.
- Ensure that the Path type of the registry entry is REG_EXPAND_SZ.
- If the Path type is not REG_EXPAND_SZ., delete the path. Recreate the registry entry with a REG_EXPAND_SZ. Path.
- Right click on the Path registry entry.
- Click on Modify.
- Type in %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem as your Value data.
Many errors find their roots in the registry. You may be unaware that your registry has remnants of certain programs or applications that may impede the performance of your system.
To ensure that your system runs in a smooth manner, scan regularly with a good registry cleaning utility like RegServe.
RegServe will be able to find and repair registry related errors while preventing the occurrence of new errors. This registry cleaning program will also be able to prevent the occurrence of unsightly registry bloat.