Users who do not have a genuine copy of Windows but wish to download Windows Media Player 11 will need to obtain a crack or crack legitlib.dll to bypass Windows Genuine Advantage validation.
The information posted here is for the dissemination of information purposes only. This site is not responsible for the way the information may be used. Use the information at your own risk.
Ever since Microsoft implemented the Windows Genuine Advantage program, cracks and hacks for various Microsoft products have sprouted left and right. The release of Windows Media Player 11 is no exception as users have to validate their copy of Windows before installation can proceed.
If you do not have a genuine copy of Windows installed in your machine, you will get an error message like this:
Setup cannot continue
One or more of the following problem has occurred during Setup.
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
Setup was unable to validate that your copy of Windows is genuine. Click Finish to close setup and navigate your web browser to the Windows Genuine Advantage Website for additional information.
The easiest and best way to avoid this error message is to have a genuine copy of Windows.
As Windows Media Player 11 is a vast improvement over WMP 10, users around the world want to install the latest Media Player on their machines. However, not all users possess a legitimate copy of Windows. Hence, the propagation of cracks continues.
How to Bypass WGA in Windows Media Player 11
- Download Windows Media Player (WMP) 11 from the Windows Media Player Download page.
- Download and install WinRAR?s extraction tool. Skip this step if you would rather use a different extraction tool.
- Use WinRAR to extract the WMP 11 installer to a directory like wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.
- Download a cracked version of legitlib.dll. This is available for download at many online sites.
Files downloaded off of the internet may be harmful to you and your computer. While there are many legal and safe downloads, there are also viruses and malware pretending to be safe download files.
Protect yourself from these unsafe files by using a trusted antivirus and anti-spyware scanner. These security tools should be kept updated to help you maintain your PC?s health and integrity. Your PC contains vast amounts of personal, identifiable information which may be used to your detriment. Allowing malware to access your computer puts you at risk for identity theft.
Be very wary when you download files. The risk is increased if you are downloading cracks or hacks. You should also note that some antivirus and anti-spyware programs do not recognize cracks and labels them with a false positive report.
Unless you are absolutely sure, do not dismiss positive reports lightly even if you believe them to be false positives. You should always err on the safe side.
- Copy the cracked legitlib.dll.
- Paste this to the directory of the extracted WMP 11 installer.
- If there are any existing files, overwrite these.
- Run setup_wm.exe.
- Install Windows Media Player 11.
- Extract the WMP 11 installer using WinRAR or extractor of choice from wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe.
- Run wmp11.exe in the extraction folder.
- Restart Windows.
- Go back to the extraction folder.
- Install umdf.exe, wmdbexport.exe and wmfdist11.exe.
- Restart Windows.
- Extract the contents of wmp11.exe using WinRAR or extractor of choice.
- Locate the update folder inside the extraction of wmp11.exe.
- Run update.exe inside the update folder.
If these steps do not work for you, try Method 3.
- Locate wmplayer.exe in
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\.
- Rename wmplayer.exe to any file name.
- Extract wmp11.exe. This can be found in your first WMP11 installer extracted folder.
- Locate wmplayer.exe from extracted wmp11.exe folder.
- Copy wmplayer.exe to the
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\ folder.
This method is easier than the other methods outlined above.
- Go to your previous version of Windows Media Player or WMP 10.
- Go to Tools and then Options.
- Click on Check for Updates Once a Day.
- Press Apply and then OK.
- Click Yes when asked to update to a newer version.
- Download and install the newer version, Windows Media Player 11.
- Go to Start and then to Search.
- In All or Part of the File Name, enter LegitLibM.dll. This should be found in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player.
- Once you find LegitLibM.dll, right click on the file.
- Rename this to legitlib.dll.
- Run Windows Media Player 11.
- Click on validate.
- You may get an Unable to Validate message.
- If you do, just click OK to make it go away.
- WMP 11 will go on to Settings.
After Settings is complete, you?re done.