What is m3skin.dll?
The m3skin.dll file is associated with MyWebSearch toolbar, which is bundled with several free software applications that are available for download on the Internet. MyWebSearch toolbar is a system threat and is known to perform spyware-like functions, such as browser hijacking. Additionally, it also slows down the web browsing speed.
If you suspect a m3skin.dll file is present on your computer, we recommend you immediately get rid of it along with the MyWebSearch toolbar.
You may encounter the following m3skin.dll errors at system startup.
- “File m3skin.DLL was not found
- ?M3skin.dll file is missing?
When you encounter a missing m3skin.dll error, do not perform a m3skin.dll download from a free DLL Download website. Instead, take correct measures to remove all the traces of this file and the application with which it is associated.
How to remove MyWebSearch toolbar
To effectively remove MyWebSearch toolbar you need to perform the following steps:
Step 1: Stop the process associated with this application.
Step 2: Delete all its file and directories.
Step 3: Unregister the DLL files associated with this application.
Let?s see how to perform these steps.
The mwsoemon.exe process is associated with the MyWebSearch toolbar and you will have to stop this process if you find it running on your system. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- In the Windows Task Manager window, click the Processes tab.
- Next, go through the list of current processes. If you find mwsoemon.exe running, select it and click the End Process tab.
First, perform the following steps to delete the files associated with MyWebSearch toolbar.
- Go to Start and click Search.
- Next, click All files and folders.
- Search for the following files separately and delete them, if found.
- Next, open the My Computer window and delete the following directories:
Finally, to complete the MyWebSearch removal process you need to unregister its DLLs.
To unregister a DLL, you need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the Start menu and select Run.
- In the Open box, type the following command and then click OK. regsvr32 /u C:\Windows\System32\dll_name.dll Note: Replace the dll_name.dll with the name of the DLL file you need to unregister
- The following is the list of MyWebSearch DLL files that you need to unregister:
To prevent m3skin.dll and its associated application from entering your computer in the future, we recommend that you install reliable antimalware tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease on your PC. You must keep the real-time protection features enabled to ensure that no threat can gain access to your computer. Additionally, you must schedule regular full system scans and virus definition updates to ensure that your system stays well-protected against the latest threats.
It is also a good idea to use a registry cleaner, such a RegServe to scan and clean the registry on a regular basis. Registry cleanup will help you wipe out any hidden malware registry entries.
Lastly, as a vigilant user, do not download from websties, such as Smileycentral.com that are known to support and cajole users into downloading malware programs, such as the MyWebSearch toolbar.