What is mrvgina.dll?
The mrvgina.dll file is a graphical identification and authentication file that is used by wireless networking products from Netgear to establish remote desktop connections.
Issues Associated With Mrvgina.Dll
Few Windows User Management issues have been observed with the mrvgina.dll file. For example, it has been recorded that the mrvgina.dll process may disable the ?Fast User Switching? functionality.
When you try to re-enable ?Fast User Switching? via the Control Panel the following error message may be displayed:
?A recently installed program has disabled the welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features you must uninstall the program. The following filename might help you identify the program that made the change: MRVGINA.DLL?
Some other common errors related to the mrvgina.dll file that you may come across on a Windows PC are mentioned below:
- Normal Windows logon screen fails to appear when you restart your system after you install a new type of driver for your network. The following error message may appear on your screen:
?Cannot find MrvGINA.dll, contact your administrator?
- You may get the following error message when you try to establish a Remote Desktop Connection:
?Mrvgina.dll file is incompatible?
The resolution for all the three above mentioned errors is the same.
Warning: The solution to the above mrvgina.dll errors involves registry editing and should be performed only if you are comfortable with working with the registry. Also, remember to make a registry backup before proceeding with the steps below.
- Go to the Start menu, select Run and type regedit. This will open the Registry Editor window.
- In the Registry Editor window, locate the following entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current version/WINLOGON
- Here, delete the GINAdll entry.
- Next, open the Control Panel window and select User Accounts.
- Choose Change the Way Users Logon and Logoff.
- Now, enable the Fast User Switching option.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes.
Note: In case you are unable to boot your system in Normal mode due to the mrvgina.dll error, you can perform the above steps by starting Windows in Safe mode.
DLL errors, such as mrvgina.dll errors may also occur due to registry problems or virus infections. Entries related to DLL files are stored in the registry and you may receive DLL error messages in case the entries associated with these files are invalid or corrupt. This is why it is essential for you to maintain a healthy and clean registry. You can easily carry out registry repair and maintenance activities using a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe.
Malware infections also generate DLL errors. Often, harmful programs, such as virus, worms, Trojans, spyware and adware modify or delete essential DLL files, resulting in DLL error messages. To prevent this, you should regularly scan your system using a reliable antivirus and antispyware tool. Also, keep these tools up-do-date with the latest security updates and definitions.