Osetup.dll is known as the Office Setup Engine, and is an essential component of the MS Office 2007 software suite. Osetup.dll is developed and published by the Microsoft Corporation.
Osetup.dll may be found in
C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office 12\office setup controller\osetup.dll.
X:\programname.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present
Many thought that this was an issue for beta and pirated releases as the digital signatures were not recognized. However, this problem persisted even with the official release of Microsoft Office 2007. The missing osetup.dll error was present even with legitimate installation discs.
The problem becomes immediately apparent after the setup disc is inserted into the optical drive. If you are experiencing a similar problem, these methods may resolve the problem for you.
- Go to Start and then click on Run.
- Browse to the location where you have the CD.
- Double click setup.exe.
- Copy the contents of the CD to a network share.
- Install the software in the machine from the local network.
- Copy the whole installation directory on your hard disk.
- Locate osetup.dll from another software on your CD.
- Copy that osetup.dll.
- Replace your non-working osetup.dll with the copy you just made.
You should always use genuine and legitimate software in your system to make sure that? you are safe from malware authors who include Trojans or viruses surreptitiously in software they release.
To keep you safe from Trojans and viruses, you should use powerful antivirus and anti-spyware programs that are up to date.