Pthreadgc2.dll ? File Information
Pthreadgc2.dll is one of those modules that belong to the Open Source Community project.
The pthreadgc2.dll file is known to exist in 47,537, 43,377, 67,020, 39,520, 54,075, and 67,914 bytes sizes.
The pthreadgc2.dll file is known to exist under the following filenames:
%ProgramFiles%\flv to mpeg\pthreadgc2.dll
%ProgramFiles%\free flv converter\pthreadgc2.dll
%Temp%\ibrick sp 1.1.3 firmware\pthreadgc2.dll
- %ProgramFiles% refers to the Program folder on your computer. Generally, it is C:\Program Files.
- %System% points to the system folder on your computer. By default, it is C:\Windows\System32 for Windows XP/Vista, C:\Winnt\System32 for Windows NT\2000, and C:\Windows\System for Windows 95/98/ME
- %Temp% points to the temporary folder on your computer. Typically, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
- %Windir% points to your Windows installation folder. By default, it is either C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
Typically, you may come across pthreadgc2.dll errors, such as the ones mentioned below when you try to run applications, such as Adobe Premiere that use this DLL.
- ?The file pthreadgc2.dll is missing?
- ?Pthreadgc2.dll not found?
Generally, a pthreadgc2.dll missing or not found error is caused when the DLL file is missing or corrupt. Other reasons behind a pthreadgc2.dll error include malware infection and a corrupt registry.
Steps to resolve pthreadgc2.dll missing or not found error
Depending on the cause of the pthreadgc2.dll error, perform the following corrective steps to resolve the issue:
- Uninstall and then reinstall the application that is generating the error If you are getting the pthreadgc2.dll error only when you try to run a particular application, you must uninstall this application. To ensure all the files of the program are removed, you may use a reliable third-party uninstaller tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller.
Next, reinstall this application on the computer. Reinstalling will copy all DLL files to the system thereby fix the missing DLL errors.
- Download the missing pthreadgc2.dll file from the Internet If the pthreadgc2.dll error still persists, download the missing pthreadgc2.dll from a reliable and trustworthy, free online DLL directory and save the file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
After you have saved the file, perform the following steps to register the DLL.
- Click Start and then select the Run command.
- In the Open box, type the following and then press Enter:
- Perform a malware scan If you still receive the pthreadgc2.dll error upon completion of the first two steps, we recommend that you run a malware scan on your entire system to ensure that the pthreadgc2.dll is not infected.
Also, to prevent any malware infection in the future, install reliable and advanced antimalware tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease on your computer and keep these security tools up-to-date with the latest malware definitions and security updates.
- Run a registry scan Often, a corrupt registry is found to be the root cause of recurring DLL errors, such as pthreadgc2.dll errors. Perform regular registry scans, using a reliable registry cleaning utility, such as RegServe to ensure that your system registry remains clean and healthy.
Pthreadgc2.dll ? Can you trust this file?
Yes, you can. Pthreadgc2.dll is a safe file and until now is not known to be associated with any malware.