Corefoundation.dll is a Dynamic Link Library from Apple Computer, Inc and is typically used with the iTunes software.
How to install corefoundation.dll?
To install corefoundation.dll, copy the DLL file to the %System% folder. If the corefoundation.dll file is missing, download the file from a reliable and trustworthy online DLL directory and copy the file to your Systems folder. Next, perform the following steps to register this DLL:
- Click the Start menu and select Run.
- Type cmd in the Open box and then press Enter.
- Next, in the Command Prompt window, type the following and press Enter to register the DLL file:
- Type exit and press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.
Note: %System% is a variable that refers to your system folder. This by default is C:\Windows\System32 in Windows XP/Vista, C:\Winnt\System32 in Windows NT/2000, and C:\Windows\2000 in Windows 95/98/ME
Deleted corefoundation.dll by mistake ? how to recover it
Often, users delete important DLLs and other files by mistake, causing ?missing or not found [filename]? errors to occur. If you have accidentally deleted the corefoundation.dll file, use the pointers listed below to recover the file:
- Recover corefoundation.dll from Recycle Bin ? Check the contents of your Recycle Bin and if you find the DLL there, recover it.
- Use a reliable third-party recovery tool ? If the corefoundation.dll is gone from the Recycle Bin, use a reliable and advanced file recovery software, such as Spotmau Powersuite or Data Recovery Pro to recover the DLL file.
When you start your computer or load an application, you may receive error messages, similar to the ones listed below:
- ?The corefoundation.dll is missing?
- ?Corefoundation.dll could not be found. Try reinstalling [application name]?
- " Can’t find corefoundation.dll , can’t start AppleSyncNotifier.exe "
Errors, such as the ones above, generally occur when the corefoundation.dll file is missing, damaged, or corrupt.
Depending on the cause of the corefoundation.dll error, you may perform any of the following corrective steps to fix the error:
- Reinstall the application that is generating the corefoundation.dll error
If the corefoundation.dll file on your system is damaged, uninstall and then reinstall the application that is generating the error. On a Windows computer, you may use the built-in Add or Remove programs utility, or a reliable third-party uninstaller tool to completely uninstall programs and applications.
- Perform a malware scan
Often, malware, such as viruses, trojans, worms, and rootkits corrupt the DLLs files, such as corefoundation.dll by deleting or altering the codes embedded in these files. If a malware has corrupted your copy of corefoundation.dll, perform a malware scan, using advanced protective software, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease to repair the DLL and fix the recurring corefoundation.dll error.
- Download the missing corefoundation.dll file
If the corefoundation.dll file is missing, download the DLL from a reliable source on the Internet.
Corefoundation.dll problem with QuickTime 7.6.4
After upgrading your QuickTime to version 7.6.4, you may receive the following corefoundation.dll error:
?The procedure entry point _CBBundleCopyFileTypeForFileData could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreFoundation.dll?
One way of fixing the above error is by switching to your previous version of QuickTime. You may also contact Apple Inc. for support to fix the above error.