The hpgreg32.dll file is associated with HP printers. If you use HP printers, you should not delete this file, as this file is required for the proper functioning of HP printers.
You may encounter the following errors during system startup or while using your HP printer:
- ?The file Hpgreg32.dll is missing?
- ?Hpgreg32.dll file not found?
Note: If you have Norton WinDoctor installed and are getting hpgreg32.dll file not found error at system startup then proceed to the next section
To fix the above errors, first uninstall and then reinstall your HP printer software. This should replace any missing or corrupt files and resolve the errors.
However, if the hpgreg32.dll missing or not found error still persists, the problem could be due to outdated printer drivers. To rectify the error, in this case, update your drivers. You can manually update your drivers or use a reliable tool, such as Driver Finder for this purpose.
Norton WinDoctor cannot find the file hpgreg32.dll
The following hpgreg32.dll errors are known to appear frequently on systems that have Norton WinDoctor installed:
- ?The file hpgreg32.dll could not be found?
- ?C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgrcpy.exe cannot access a necessary file, "hpgreg32.dll?
Typically, the above errors appear at system startup even when nothing is wrong with your HP printer.
The error occurs because the Norton software is unable to recognize the existence of the hpgreg32.dll file on the system.
You can either choose to ignore the above error or follow any of the two methods mentioned below to stop the missing hpgreg32.dll error message from appearing every time your system loads.
Method 1 ? Hide the error in Norton SystemWorks
- Open Norton SystemWorks and click on Details to view the current reported problems on your system.
- In the Details section, select the ?C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpfqgrcpy.exe? entry in the Missing Program Files type section.
- Next, display the Open menu and select the Ignore Selected Problem command.
- Next, open the View menu and clear the Show Ignored Problems option.
- Finally, click OK to save your changes.
Method 2 ? Rename the hpgreg32.dll file
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Here, navigate to the C:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ folder.
- Next, display the Tools menu in the Windows Explorer window and select Folder Options.
- On the View tab, clear the Hide extensions for known file types option.
- Next, click Apply to save the changes and then OK to exit the Folder Options window.
- Now, display the File menu, select New, and click text document.
- Finally, save this text document as hpgreg32.dll.
Errors related to DLL files may also occur if your computer is infected with some type of virus or spyware. To prevent such errors, it is best that you use highly dependable and robust security tools, such as Spyware Cease and STOPzilla Antivirus to scan and clean your computer.
Another reason for DLL errors are problems within the Windows registry. To prevent these problems, you need to ensure that the registry stays free from junk and malicious entries. This can be easily achieved by scanning and cleaning the registry on a regular basis by using a reliable registry tool, such as RegServe.