Wing32.dll ? What is it?
The wing32.dll process belongs to the Windows Graphics program and is used by applications to running in DOS mode. The WinG system is now replaced with DirectX.
Is it safe to remove wing32.dll?
This file is basically used in the old versions of Microsoft Operating Systems and is required for successful running of DOS-based games. If the wing32.dll file is present on your computer and you do not run graphically intensive DOS games then you can safely remove the wing32.dll.
Windows vista is not recognizing Wing32.dll?
If you own a Windows Vista and plan to play older games that require wing32.dll, you need to download the wing32.dll file and register it. However, an error, similar to one listed below is generated when you try to register wing32.dll in Windows Vista:
?Wing32.dll ? component not found?
Cause of the Error
The above wing32.dll error occurs because Vista fails to recognize Wing32.dll.
To fix the wing32.dll error, download a utility, called ProcessMan (for Vista) to your computer. Next, copy the wing32.dll file and paste it in c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder and then use the regsvr32 command to register the file.
Wing32.dll error in Windows XP when launching Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics software
When you try to launch Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics software on Windows XP computer, you may receive the following error:
?This application uses WinG32.DLL to run, which has been incorrectly installed in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Please move it to the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory."
To resolve the error, you need to complete the following two tasks.
Task 1 ? Enable Show All Extensions in My Computer
- Open the My Computer window.
- Next, on the Tools menu, select Folder Options.
- Open the View tab.
- Here, select the Show all files and folders option and clear the checkbox against Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click Apply to save your preferences and then click OK.
Task 2 ? Copy files from Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics CD
- Insert the Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics CD in your CD-ROM drive.
- Next, click the Start menu and then click Search.
- Click All files and folders option and in All or part of the file name field type Wing*.*
- Next, in the Look In drop down list, select the drive letter that represents your CD-ROM drive.
- Click the Search button.
- Select all the WinG files that appear in the right-pane, go to the Edit menu and select Copy.
- Next, in the My Computer window navigate to C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Right-click on an empty area in C:\Windows\System32 folder and click Paste.
After completing the above steps, launch the Reader Rabbit I Can Read With Phonics software.
Fix Wing32.dll Was Not Found errors
When you try to run a program that uses the wing32.dll file, you may receive the following error:
?wing32.dll was not found?
Generally, the above error is generated when the wing32.dll file becomes corrupt or is missing.
When you receive a wing32.dll was not found error, first run a thorough antimalware scan on your PC, using reliable security software, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease. If the error still persists, download the missing DLL from a reliable free online DLL Directory to fix the wing32.dll error. If you think you have deleted the file from your computer by mistake, you may use a reliable data recovery tool, such as Data Recovery Pro or Spotmau PowerSuite to recover the lost file.